Dear Green {Goody},
I have a question about recycling, I'm a little unsure of what I can and can not recycle. Right now I am only recycling my water bottles and aluminum cans, but I'm sure that I could be doing more.

- Jennie, New Jersey



Jennie,
What a great question, recycling options vary depending upon where you live. I am sure that there are many options available to you in New Jersey, your best bet is to visit Earth 911 and enter your zip code to see exactly what can be recycled in your area. As far as plastic is concerned remember to look for the recycling code (the number with arrows around it) usually located near the bottom of the item. In general #1 and #2 plastics are recycled most often. The codes 3,4,5,6,and 7 are rarely recycled. Always recycle paper, it is the most frequently found item in our landfills. I hope I could help and I hope you visit Earth 911 and find out exactly what can be recycled in your community, let me know how it goes!

P.S. You might try giving up your plastic water bottles and switch to a reusable stainless steel one.

{}