Unplugged


This is the outlet near my night stand where a lamp and alarm clock use to be, you will find outlets like this one all over our home; we are almost completely unplugged.  A power cord still draws energy even if the item is not in use, so we no longer leave small appliances and chargers plugged in. The kids no longer have their own alarm clocks; they did not use them anyway, and their lamps are only for decoration. Our coffee pot, cell phones, hair dryer, and all other small appliances are unplugged when not in use. All of our computers and large appliances are on power strips that we turn off when we are not using them; admittedly this doesn't happen as often as it should. I have even been known to unplug the washer and dryer one days I'm not using them. I'm not going to lie and say we have had a reduction in our electric bill; we haven't but I feel better knowing that we are using less and reducing our family's impact.



{}