Green your medicine cabinet. Here are a few of my personal favorites;
1. A Neti Pot- This genie bottle shaped pot flushes out the nasal passages, helping to prevent sinus and other infections. Useful during allergy season to flush out pollen.
2. Saline Mist- This inexpensive, drug free spray helps to relieve congestion from colds and allergies, and can hydrate dry nasal passages, great for people who experience frequent nosebleeds.
3. Chamomile- A longtime favorite herbal remedy, chamomile tea is famous for easing tummy troubles.
4. Calendula- I use this in an ointment form, it is derived from marigold leaves ad can help skin ailments like minor burns, rashes, mild eczema and other small wounds. Can also be helpful for diaper rash.
5. Aloe Vera- A natural skin soother. There are several organic versions available.
6. Organic Throat Lozenges- Soothe a sore throat naturally, and without additives, should contain Vitamin C and Zinc.
7. Eucalyptus Oil- You can use this essential oil in a variety of ways to relieve respiratory issues.
8. Arnica- A member of the Sunflower family, Arnica can be used to relieve pain and inflammation fore sore muscles, sprains and bruises. I know of a doctor who prescribes this to his patients before surgery.
9. Witch Hazel- This natural remedy has FDA approval for medicinal use. It is used on minor cuts and insect bites.
image via:: flickr