Christina Applegate’s The Sweetest Thing Truffles
Christina Applegate is an unwavering supporter of animal rights and PETA, so it's no wonder she's got a great (and fool-proof!) recipe for truffles that uses vegan cream cheese.
* 3 cups powdered sugar
* 1-8 oz. vegan cream cheese, softened
* 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
* Ground nuts, unsweetened cocoa or toasted flaked coconut
* 12 oz. organic semi-sweet chocolate, melted in a double boiler or on the lowest power in the microwave, stirred frequently.
1. Beat the "cream cheese" until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until well-blended.
2. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla and mix well. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
3. Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in the nuts, cocoa or coconut. Chill in the refrigerator.
Makes about 5 dozen truffles.