Litterbug

I think it is important during this process to record the failures as well as the triumphs. It was yesterday that Faith reminded me that there are lessons that need repeating. As we were driving down the street Eco Warrior Faith screams at her brother then informs me that Cole was indeed a litter bug. Taking the matter in to her own hands, she starts to teach him a lesson in littering. "Americans don't litter Cole,” she said. " We aren't Jewish." This is were I stepped in, "What do you mean?" She said, "Yeah, Jewish people litter." I follow with the well-worn phrase, "Where did you hear that?" " School" she said, "Yeah we learned about Jewish people and Hanukkah." What followed was a motherly lesson on racial equality and littering. I never imagined having the two together.



{}