Buried.

When you have a large family laundry can take on a life of it's own. Add to that my fashionista daughter Faith, who insists on layering her layers and laundry is a large chunk of our energy consumption. No more, we recently bought a Energy Star qualified washer that greatly reduces the amount of energy and water it uses. An Energy Star qualified washer can save you $550 in operating costs over it's lifetime. I am not suggesting that you should throw your washer in a landfill and upgrade, but simply consider an energy efficient model next time the need arises. Also, I vowed to only use the cold water setting and this particular washer has an option called Tap Cold, which uses the water straight from the tap and does not heat it at all. I never knew that the traditional cold cycle is still around 80 degrees. Now if I could only get Faith to cut back on tank tops...





{}