A Day to Remember

No day in recent history is more memorable than September 11, 2001; we can all remember where we were when we learned that a plane had flown into the World Trade Center. I was a new mother, my oldest daughter was only 7 months old, and I was terrified. What did this mean for her, how safe was her future? One of the pilots, Mohammad Atta, had lived in an apartment 2 miles from my home while in flight school. I remember driving by that apartment and wondering if I had ever encountered that man unknowingly. I remember being paranoid about who else could be lurking in my neighborhood. That period of time was so unsettling for us all.  Take a moment to remember that feeling, all the people we lost that day and soldiers we have lost since.  This is one day I will not focus on how many MPG my car gets, or how bad our economy is, but rather I will be reflecting on how blessed I truly am. 



{}