"She's crafty, and she's just my type."







I did it, I made the recycled paper wreath I have been wanting to make forever now. It was just as painful as I thought it would be. It hangs on my front door, but on the inside- cause I'm just crazy like that (really because it would not withstand the Florida weather.) Here's my quick tutorial: Painstakingly cut out hundreds of paper leaves. I used old Toast catalogs, the paper weight is perfect and I prefer the color palette. Then painstakingly attach each leaf individually- until it's done. I'm currently doing another with vintage children's books for my daughter's room. Did I mention it's a pain? You can contact me if you would like more specific instructions, but be forewarned, this project is not for the uncrafty.


****UPDATE: I posted this nearly three years ago, but thanks to Pinterest my email has been blowing up with people begging for more in depth instructions. Funny, this project was totally done on a whim and I honestly just 'winged it.' I used an old cardboard box in which I freehanded a circle in the size I wanted. I cut the cardboard form out and I made a freehand leaf template out of an old file folder. Then using the file folder template I cut the leaves out of the Toast catalogs. I didn't count how many leaves I used or cut, rather I just filled up a large bowl. With this particular wreath I used staples to attach the leaves to the cardboard but I would not recommend that approach. I often had leaves blow off when I opened the door (I displayed this wreath on the inside of my front door.) I made a similar wreath using antique book paper and I used my hot glue gun with much better results. I hope you all have fun trying this project.


{}

10 comments:

Katy Reiser said...

Very cool! If I wasn't making a ton of Christmas gifts, I'd attempt one myself! Awesome work

Cameron said...

Thanks!

golly molly said...

i KNEW you were crafty too. well done, lady.

Shabnam said...

When the Beasty boys are used to talk green

love it!

Anonymous said...

it's fantastic!! :^D)

Kayla said...

This is great! What did you attach the leaves to exactly?

Poppet said...

Hey! I'd love to have more exact directions. I'm going to try this myself over Christmas.

Kathy said...

Great idea but yes, very time consuming!

Katrina said...

Hey, I would love more specific directions. my email is KatrinaS176@aol.com

Cameron said...

Hi EVERYONE!
I have updated this post with all the instruction I can give. I hope that those of you that try it have the best of luck and strong hand dexterity! Thanks for all the emails and I have responded to them all. Love, C.