Tub Time.


I believe that we need to be vigilant about the products that we use on our children. Most mainstream  products contain chemicals that are known carcinogens and many ingredients that are classified as neurotoxins and endocrine disruptors. Generally, the more ingredients listed on the bottle, the more wary I am. Method just came out with a new children's line of bath products and why I am a huge fan of their packaging and design, I was concerned when I saw the ingredients. Along with some natural ingredients, these products have plenty of petrochemical-based synthetics in them.  Sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate, lauryl glucoside, cocosunfloweramidopropyl betane, coco glucoside, glyceryl oleate, glycol distearate, glyceryl stearate, just a small sample. I am not suggesting that the Method products contain known carcinogens, and they are still better than mainstream body products. I am only suggesting that before we assume that these products are natural, we should dig a little deeper. A great resource for cosmetics and products is the Skin Deep Cosmetic Database. While you're there check out how they rated Method products.





{}